Employers in Kenya use recruitment agencies in order to
- Recruit for jobs for which they have no expertise
- Minimize publicity when recruiting in one area of work while losing staff in another
- conceal recruitment activities from competitors in Kenya
- Get help with the recruitment process - eg if they don't have enough staff to deal with it
Many agencies in Kenya specialize in certain types of jobs, within certain sectors or in particular geographical areas. The employer or candidate pays the agency to assist them in filling a particular job. On filling the post, the employer or candidate will pay the agency a fee (normally a percentage of the first months salary and depending on contract). Frequently, the job advert will not name the employer.
Online recruitment agenciesThese online agencies enable you to post your application form on the site for employers to view. You need to check the security of the site, as you are supplying personal information. To find graduate recruitment agencies in Kenya, use a web search engine to search for 'graduate jobs in Kenya' or similar.
Staffing and contract agencies
Most agencies in Kenya compile a pool of candidates with qualifications, skills and experience and will supply staff to an organisation for a specific contract (anything from one day to several months or even permanent).
What are the advantages of using recruitment agencies in kenya?If you're working full-time, the recruitment agency can be working on your behalf while you apply for jobs directly.
Specialist agencies in Kenya may be able to offer advice about their sector.
You can work through staffing and contracts agencies to gain varied short-term experience with several Kenyan employers.
General rules for using recruitment firms in Kenya
- Supply the agencies with a CV that is targeted towards a particular work sector
- Tell the agency about any important factors - Are there any constraints?
- Tell the agency if you don't want them to send your CV to particular companies such as your present employer!
- Keep chasing the agency for progress - ring or call in on a regular basis
- Don't rely on agencies as your only means of finding a job